Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
a href="http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 5, 2009

I love that Jenna is in a Daisy Girl Scout Troop. She has had so my experiences that I never would have known about. This year she is in a new troop with a new leader at another school. I guess it's not as easy as you would think to keep a leader for that age group. **DON'T FORGET COOKIE SALES START SOON** One of the field trips that we went on was at The Parade Company in Detroit. If you ever get the opportunity to go ( it's a very interesting road trip down to Mound Rd and Mt Elliott) definitely do it !
They house all of the floats in a huge warehouse during the year. The floats are bigger and more beautiful than you can imagine. It's funny to think of them as beautiful, but when you are there you see all of the work that is put into them and you get a whole new appreciation for them. It was fun for the girls because that Thursday they got to see all of the floats in the parade, and Jen remembered all of them.

The have hundreds of volunteers who donated over 15,000 hours of their time and talents. We were able to watch them retouch one of the heads. If you wish to wear one during the parade you must make a minimum donation of $200. I told Jim that was something that I will have to put on my bucket list.

It's really hard to tell, but Jen was able to put on one of the smaller heads to try on. She was so happy , she was grinning from ear to ear. We had a great time seeing it all and realizing just how much time and effort it takes to have a Thanksgiving Parade.

2 comments:

  1. oh yahhhh! I am the first commenter on this post, so I'd like to be the first cookie-order too! I would love 2 boxes of Thin Mints and some other cookie, maybe the smores ones for Great Uncle John!! yummo...already I am craving my "fix" of a thin mint! I loves ya kids, Great Auntie Becci

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...and....how awesome is that, going to see the parade floats like that! and the heads!! You are one very lucky little girl ms. Jenna

    ReplyDelete