Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
a href="http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 27, 2009

THIS AND THAT

Merry Christmas..a little late.Here are a few thing we do leading up to Christmas. With Jen being as tall as she is, some ornaments actually made it almost to the top of the tree this year. Usually they are hung only half way up. The kids had fun looking at past ornaments they had made in school. My tree is getting quit colorful with beads, glitter, noodles and puzzle pieces. Some people love the trees that are all matchy like in a department store, but not me. One of the things I was most excited about when my kids started school, was the fact that I knew they would be bringing home their "treasures" to hang on the tree. I love my tree!!
Every year the kids help me with the nativity set. They love setting it up, and I usually have to fix it when they are not looking. I will have wise men and sheep in all different directions. Once it has been set up, they leave it alone with the exception of Christmas morning when they place Baby Jesus in the manger.

This year after setting of the nativity scene, we read The Small One. It's a cute story about a poor skinny donkey that no one wants. A little boy is sent by his father to sell the donkey. The boy spends all day trying to find a good home for him when finally a man offers to buy the donkey for a trip he must take with his wife. The man is Joseph, and Mary rides the donkey to Bethlehem.
Another tradition we do, is decorating a gingerbread house. We usually still have Halloween candy in the house, so we use that along with Christmas candy. We have had some "interesting" houses before. This year, since we have landed in the "everything has to be fair or I'm going to have a meltdown" phase, Jen and Jimmy had their own side to decorate. Jen took great pride in making sure it was just right, while Jimmy was just fine eating frosting and candy as he went.

No comments:

Post a Comment